Education Program Internship opportunity
Give Chances is a local educational nonprofit at New Jersey that serves children and youth from low-income families by providing quality education. Through this internship, you will able to gain hands-on experience and bring a difference in the lives of children and youth of our local community.
What is the Internship opportunity about?
The position will work closely with the staff and lead-teachers to facilitate the operation of the Joyful Learning program. Daily duties will include tutoring students, preparing the teaching materials, working with volunteer tutors and supporting diverse events. This position will provide an opportunity to work in the sector with highly experienced staff members.
What responsibilities do interns have?
- Facilitate educational activities
- Deliver teaching and tutoring to the learners between K-grade 8 with the program team
- Provide support to volunteer tutors as they deliver tutoring to the students
- Assisting the staff in research and curriculum development
- Support maintaining the learning center
- Assist preparing and executing events and field trips
- Current undergraduates or above
- Commitment to supporting children of low-income immigrants’ families through quality out-of-school time programs
- Energetic, positive, and self-motivated
- Comfortable speaking in front of large and small groups.
- Has a flexible schedule
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to work with a team and a wide range of learners as well as the ability to work independently
- Tolerance for working in a fast-paced environment
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 6 months