Give Chances Video Contest: Change Makers
How can we make the world a better place? What changes do you want to make? What ideas do you have? What solutions can you put forward? Give Chances wants to hear your voice. We want to listen to the voices of all students and work towards sharing your ideas with the rest of the nation. You deserve to be heard—and we will work with you to accomplish your actions for change. This project is open-ended for you to express your thoughts and ideas about how we can work towards providing accessible education. We can’t wait to see all of your submissions.
We want to raise awareness for educational opportunities and limitations for students who are living in low-income communities. Currently, there are laws and enforcements in place for all students to have a free, public education. However, we do not see that in all of our schools. Oftentimes, we take for granted what other people may not have, such as an equal opportunity in education. Listening to the ideas of students will allow others to be more open to working together to find solutions, forming a community to stand for a common cause, and being more aware of the inequalities that are present in our current lives.
Information on the problem:
Our mission at Give Chances is:
Through this campaign project, we want to involve each and every one of you in the process of addressing a prevalent issue we see in our world today: the lack of equal opportunity and access to education
There will be first, second, third, fourth, and fifth place. The winner and runner up decisions will be announced on TBD.
1st: $500 | 2nd: $300 | 3rd: $200 | 4th: $100 | 5th: $50
* All participants will receive a DDartists Planner
*The first-place winner will insert the donor’s logo at the end of their video as appreciation.
Who can apply?
- 16 years of age and older
When can I apply?
- All submissions must be submitted by the July. Any submissions received after the July will not be accepted.
Rules for video submissions:
- All submissions must be in one of the following video forms: mp4, avi, wmv, mov
- Video submissions should not exceed 1280*720
- All submission videos must contain original work
- All information must be cited, all credit must be given to the original source. You do not need to include your citations directly in the video but you will need to submit a list of properly cited sources when requested. Plagiarism of any degree will result in disqualification.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used in your video submission unless you own the copyright or have a license to use it for the contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- Your submission grants Give Chances permission to use your name, photograph, statements, quotes, testimonials, and videos for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without notification or further compensation.
- Your submission grants Give Chances permission to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, and/or display your video without notification or further compensation.
- When filming, you must receive permission from anyone that appears in your video and prepare to provide proof of permission if requested.
- Do not include any companies’ logos, trademarks, designs, or other intellectual/commercial property in your submission besides Give Chances.
- Any submission that has inappropriate, offensive, or sensitive content is not tolerated and will be disqualified. This includes any religious or anti-religious, racial, political, obscene, violent, or pornographic content. It is up to Give Chances to use their full discretion in determining whether or not your content is appropriate or acceptable.
- Your submission may not contain anything illegal. You are not permitted to do or film anything illegal. You may not film any criminal or provoke others to do something illegal for or in your film.
- Think of a solution for creating equal opportunities for education. Education should be accessible for all people regardless of income, gender, race, age, etc. What is an idea you can implement in your community to work towards obliterating the barrier of inequitable education together? Be thoughtful, genuine, and creative!
-Make a video that illustrates your “solution” for addressing education for all
o Stop motion/drawing/illustration [https://youtu.be/c7xHtRdpSQo]
o Short film
o Informational presentation (fact presentation + solution) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYgKLqBQ7Vs&ab_channel=KirtlandKack]
-Your video should contain a clear, detailed description or explanation of your solution
-You may work together with a partner or a small group. The maximum number of people per submission is 4 people. You may also work individually.
-The video should range from 2-5 minutes in length.
-All submissions should include 1-2 paragraphs to supplement the video. The paragraphs should explain in your own words why you made the video and your thoughts behind your solution. We will use this to feature your videos on our website.
- A complete submission should look like:
o 2-5 minute video
o Written paragraph response/explanation
o Email video file and paragraphs to email@example.com
-“Please send your submission materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and preferred contact method.”
If you have any questions please contact: