Joyful Learning - Virtual School
How does Virtual Tutoring Work?
Virtual tutoring allows students to learn synchronously and/or asynchronously. Teachers can interact with and educate students in real-time, and also assign tasks or assignments for students to work on at their own pace.
The positive effects to virtual tutoring are :
- Increased Student Access
- Unlimited to Space
- Reaching Remote Children Nationwide
- Support Household Income
- Students learn according to their abilities and needs.
- Students’ progress and pacing may differ.
- Timely feedback between tutor and student takes place.
- Students are able to learn comfortably and effectively without feeling rushed.
Teachers provide remote instruction to students by using Zoom breakout rooms, Khan Academy, Epic libraries and other programs.
- Zoom: used as our main communication platform to provide teaching
- Khan Academy: An online learning platform for students to exercise their math
- Epic: Epic is a online library. With bountiful resources, every student have their own account to compile the books they have read
What do we provide?
- Homework Assistance: Give Chances recognizes the importance of providing homework assistance for children who come from low-income and immigrant families. Tutors ensure children’s homework completion and comprehension of the underlying concepts.
- English and Math Enrichment Sessions: Give Chances provides remedial support in math and English aiming to support children’s competence in the core academic subjects.
- Extra-curricular Activities: To find and develop new talents and build confidence, the program provides music, science, and physical education once a week.
Who, When & Where?
Participant: Grade 1-8
- Date & Time: Mon - Fri (4:00pm - 6:00pm)
- Location: Online (zoom)
How to Apply