Give Chances is an educational non-profit organization based in New Jersey that serves children and youth from low-income families by providing quality educational and enrichment programs in-person and online.
We offer volunteer opportunities for high school students as well as internship opportunities for college students. Our volunteers also have the opportunity to join our Chance Makers student council.
At Give Chances, our volunteers play a vital role in our afterschool programs.
Together, with the support of our volunteers, we are able to bring change to the community.
We recognize that every individual has different strengths and talents.
Accordingly, we offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities for high school students. These opportunities include:
Social Media Manger
Curriculum Development Assistant
We look for enthusiastic individuals who are excited to share their talents and give back to the community by helping underprivileged children and young adults with developmental disabilities. In person and online volunteer opportunities are available across all Give Chances programs including our Joyful Learning afterschool program, our online tutoring program, our DDartist disability support program and our Dream & Hope community support program.
All applicants must be:
• Current middle school or high school students
• 12 years or older
• Passionate about giving back to the community
Our interns work closely with Give Chances’ staff and lead teachers to facilitate the operation of our Joyful Learning afterschool program.
This position provides current college students with the opportunity to gain work experience in the non-profit sector and to make a tangible difference in the lives of children and youth from across the US.
• Facilitate educational activities
• Supervisor and tutor students in grades 1-8
• Provide support to volunteer tutors
• Assist staff in research and curriculum development
• Support the preparation and execution of events and field trips
• Current college student
• Energetic, positive and self-motivated
• Comfortable speaking in front of large and small groups
• Flexible schedule
• Ability to work as a team and independently